How to send GIFs on WhatsApp – and even create your own in the app
ALWAYS wondered how people share (and even create) their own GIFs on WhatsApp? It couldn't be easier!
We've put together a simple guide on how to do both.
How to send GIFs in WhatsApp
First, launch WhatsApp and navigate into a chat window.
Then click the + icon and choose Photo and Video Library.
You'll then be able to select the GIF button in the bottom-left of the screen.
Alternatively, on your iPhone, tap the folded icon at the right of the text-input box.
Then choose GIF from the bottom.
You can scroll through categories and select a GIF to send.
Or you can tap the magnifying glass in the bottom-left corner of the screen and search for a GIF manually.
How to create your own WhatsApp GIFs
If you can't find the right GIF to suit your needs, you can create your own.
Just tap the paperclip icon in the top-right, then choose Gallery.
Next, choose a video that you'd like to convert into a GIF.
You'll be taken into a video editor, in which you'll need to tap the camcorder icon in the top-right.
You can then edit the video, which will need to last six seconds or less.
Once that's done, add a caption if you want, then tap the green arrow to send it.
WhatsApp – a quick history
Here's what you need to know…
- WhatsApp was created in 2009 by computer programmers Brian Acton and Jan Koum – former employees of Yahoo
- It's one of the most popular messaging services in the world
- Koum came up with the name WhatsApp because it sounded like "what's up"
- After a number of tweaks the app was released with a messaging component in June 2009, with 250,000 active users
- It was originally free but switched to a paid service to avoid growing too fast. Then in 2016, it became free again for all users
- Facebook bought WhatsApp Inc in February 2014 for $19.3billion (£14.64bn)
- The app is particularly popular because all messages are encrypted during transit, shutting out snoopers
- As of January 2018, WhatsApp has over 1.5billion users globally
In other news, WhatsApp's new Dark Mode has been branded "ugly" and "gross" by some users.
Find out which apps drain your battery life the fastest.
And check out our genius iPhone battery life tricks.
Do you know any WhatsApp tips or tricks? Let us know in the comments!Source: Read Full Article